The Nunnery Gallery is seeking a team of enthusiastic volunteers to support its diverse range of local, national and international exhibitions and events. We have had a terrific summer with The 2017 Bow Open Show, curated by the British sculptor Alex Chinneck.
Join us as a volunteer this Fall for a wonderful season of events & exhibitions including Mythologies and the Marginalised, a retrospective of Jacqueline Morreau, 2 to 21 September.
Then The East London Group’s artists are the guests of honour from 29 September to 17 December, with The Working Artist.
Accompanying the exhibition will be a series of new in-situ commissions by artists working in east London today, highlighting recognisable sites in the paintings surrounding the Nunnery Gallery.
This opportunity is ideal for students and those wishing to develop a career in the arts. Bow Arts volunteers will gain hands on experience of working for a dynamic & creative arts company in the arts hub of East London.
Shifts are organised on a rota basis around volunteers’ availability and other commitments. Shifts are available Tuesday – Sunday 9.45am to 5pm (with an hour for lunch), or 6pm – 9pm for events.
Volunteers will have the opportunity to:
• Welcome visitors to ensure they have an enjoyable time at the gallery
• Develop experience of working with in an art gallery
• Use our social media channels to engage our audiences
• Interact with visitor groups
• Have experience in the gallery shop including keeping a record of sales
• Check works are safe and maintain tidiness.
We’re looking for people who:
• Have an interest in the arts
• Would like to meet new people develop skills interacting with the public
• Are friendly and reliable
• Are able to take on at least 1 shift a week during the exhibition period (3rd April – 4th June).
In return Bow Arts can offer:
• Hands on experience of working for an established arts organisation in the heart of East London
• Build confidence interacting with visitors
• Professional training from the gallery team at Bow Arts
• Reimburse travel and food expenses.
If you are interested in this role please send a short cover letter and CV to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!
Bow Arts states that this opportunity is exempt from the national minimum wage.