Join our team for the 2017 Bow Open Show (17 June - 27 August)
The 2017 Bow Open Show (16 June - 27 August) is the only exhibition in the Nunnery Gallery’s yearly programme that exclusively exhibits work by Bow Arts artists, inviting a different guest curator to select each year. This year’s exhibition has been selected by renowned British sculptor Alex Chinneck. With a diverse and experimental programme of events, it should be a playful and exciting exhibition to be involved in.
This opportunity is ideal for students and those wishing to develop a career in the arts. Bow Arts volunteers will gain hands on experience of working for a dynamic & creative arts company in the arts hub of East London.
Shifts are organised on a rota basis around volunteers’ availability and other commitments.
Volunteering hours for the Open Show exhibition are 10am to 5pm between Tuesday and Sunday (16 June - 27 August).
Volunteering hours for the Open Studios event are 4.30pm to about 10pm on Friday 16 June, and 11.30am to 7pm on Saturday 17 June.
Volunteers will have the opportunity to:
- Welcome visitors to ensure they have an enjoyable time at the gallery
- Develop experience of working with in an art gallery
- Use our social media channels to engage our audiences
- Interact with visitor groups
- Have experience in the gallery shop including keeping a record of sales
- Check works are safe and maintain tidiness.
We’re looking for people who:
- Have an interest in the arts
- Would like to meet new people develop skills interacting with the public
- Are friendly and reliable
- Are able to take on at least 1 shift a week during the exhibition period (17 June - 27 August)
In return Bow Arts can offer:
- Hands on experience of working for an established arts organisation in the heart of East London
- Build confidence interacting with visitors
- Professional training from the gallery team at Bow Arts
- Reimburse travel and food expenses.
If you are interested in this role please send a short cover letter and CV to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!
Bow Arts states that this opportunity is exempt from the national minimum wage.